2 x DEXA Scan
DEXA (dual energy X-ray absorptiometry) is one of the most accurate methods for measuring body composition.
As the name implies, two different energy levels of x-ray pass through your body and measure how much fat, muscle, and bone you have. A DEXA scan eliminates the guesswork and provides you with specific details about how much and where fat and muscle are situated on your body. If you’re a regular gym goer, athlete, or just starting to get back into shape, a high-resolution DEXA scan is just what you need to track, trend, and benchmark your results.
DEXA Scan Service
- Full Body Composition Analysis
- Bone Mineral Density (BMD) Scans
- Leg Length Scans
Why should you get a DEXA scan?
- Find out exactly how much fat and muscle you have
- Establish a baseline prior to a new exercise/diet program
- Monitor your muscle growth and body fat loss
- Get a more complete picture of your relative health risk
- Get meaningful data based purely on the amount and distribution of fat and lean mass in your body
What does getting a DEXA scan involve?
To prepare for your DEXA scan at Vision Exercise Physiology please arrive in clothing free from metal (zips or buttons), preferably underwear, shorts and t-shirt or similar.
To have a scan, you’ll simply be asked to lie flat on the padded table while the arm of the machine passes over your body.
The scan only takes 10 around minutes!